We’re pleased to have re-opened our office. Our absolute priority is keeping you and our employees safe. Our office will look a little different to when you were last here and that's because we’ve put some safety measures in place to ensure your safety. Please pay attention to the signage and remember to stay 2 metres apart when you visit the office. We are asking visitors to wear a face covering and due to reduced seating capacity, please don't arrive in a group of more than 2 people.
Here are some things you need to know before you visit us:
Please pay attention to the signage in buildings and follow the advice given:
- Keep 2 metres away from others
- Only touch what you need to and be careful touching buttons, doors and handrails
- Wash your hands after passing through corridors and lobbies
- If there is a lift, please follow the guidance in the lift or take the stairs if you can
- Keep to the left when passing others in corridors and on staircases
- Staff will take extra precautions when visiting your apartment for maintenance including washing hands before entry and wearing gloves
- Report all essential maintenance via FixFlo
Following Government advice, we are able to carry out viewings. We must practice social distancing, and measures have been put in place to make this possible. Please adhere to following guidelines:
- If you are self-isolating or showing symptoms of coronavirus, you must postpone your viewing. Please let us know as soon as possible by calling us on 0777 808 7000 or 0161 228 6633
- If your apartment is being viewed, open windows and doors prior to the viewing. If possible, leave the property for the viewing. If it is not possible, please wear a face mask.
- We will restrict the number of people present at the viewing in order to carry out effective and safe social distancing.
- The Manchester Apartments team will wear a face mask and we ask applicants to do the same.
- Everyone must wash their hands prior to the viewing and every effort must be made not to touch anything. Our team will also wear disposable gloves.
We understand that a number of tenants have may concerns regarding their tenancy and the current situation with coronavirus
If you are having problems paying your rent, please let your Property Manager know as soon as possible. You will be asked fill in a form and attach any supporting evidence you have. This can be a letter from your employer, your most recent payslip and a copy of your employment contract. If you’re unsure who your property manager is, please have a look at our contact page.
Although all rents are payable by tenants and there is no official policy within our contract for early termination, we do sympathise in these exceptional circumstances and do want to support as best we can.
We will try and help you in any way we can during this difficult time. If you feel you need to leave your tenancy before its end date, we might be able to assist you. Please speak with your Property Manager.
Please remember that we are running a business with staff and overheads to pay, please don’t submit any false information in your form as we will investigate each case thoroughly.
Student loans – you may be eligible for additional financial support from Student Finance, please follow this link to see if you are applicable.
Sponsored students - If you are no longer receiving your sponsorship money you will need to fill in the form and attach a confirmation letter from your sponsor. The letter should include the date that sponsorship money ceased.
Professionals in full or part time employment – speak to us if you are struggling with any of the following:
- Statutory sick pay
- Zero hours contacts
Your mental health and coronavirus
NHS advice regarding coronavirus
Government guidance regarding coronavirus
Manchester City Council waste management
Citizen’s Advice regarding coronavirus